The following regulations apply when visiting The Hugh Lane:
In the gallery / conduct
- Food and drink may not be consumed in the galleries.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the galleries.
- Mobile phones may not be used in exhibition or display areas.
- Potentially harmful substances (e.g. aerosols, solvents, glues and dyes) and implements (eg. knives, scissors) must not be brought into the galleries.
- Please do not touch the works of art on display.
- Dogs are not admitted: guide dogs and hearing dogs for deaf people are welcome.
- Sketching of artwork on display is allowed using small drawing pads, enclosed pencils or crayons. The use of charcoal, pastels, permanent markers and water or oil is not allowed in the galleries. Please ensure that you do not go close to artworks when sketching in the Gallery. Children must remain under the supervision of their parents/guardians.
- Please respect the rights of other visitors to quiet contemplation and study. In the case of noisy or other improper behaviour, or breach of these regulations, the offender will be liable to immediate expulsion from the gallery.
Photography and video
Photography and video filming are not allowed at The Hugh Lane.
Permission may be granted for the purpose of press or research. Applications for photography should be made to Margarita Cappockl, Head of Collections or Michael Dempsey, Head of Exhibitions.